Meaning- left part of something when other parts are gone.
Mnemonic trick- The word remnant sounds similar to remaining part. Therefore, remnant means remaining part of something.
Synonym- REMAINING PART, LEFTOVER, RELIC, VESTIGE, SCRAP
- We are going to sell remnants on sale next week.
- We put remnants of last night meal to street dogs.
- A few strange words carved on a tree were the only remnants of the early civilization.
- Nothing has left after earthquake except remnants of collapsed buildings.
- A tiny remnant of a big thing is better than a whole little thing.
RENDEZVOUS (OR TRYST) (Noun) AND RENDEZVOUS (OR TRYST) (Verb)
RENDEZVOUS (OR TRYST) (Noun)
Meaning- 1) A meeting with someone that is arranged for a particular time and place and that is often secret.
2) A place where people agree to meet at a particular time.
- This restaurant is a popular rendezvous for local artists.
- I got late for my rendezvous.
- We always have our annual meeting at our secret rendezvous which is at central Library.
- Nick planned to attend a rendezvous with his former business colleagues.
- Jane and James decided to have a rendezvous the next evening at 7 p.m. at their favorite restaurant.
RENDEZVOUS (OR TRYST) (Verb)
Meaning- to meet at a particular time and place.
- They rendezvoused in New Delhi before they flew to New York.
- We will rendezvous in one of the famous restaurants of Cannaught place.
- Before we know it, they have, indeed, rendezvoused at Dulles airport.
- The brother and sister were meeting at the local airport so they could fly together to rendezvous with their parents for the holidays.
APOSTATE (OR DESERTER OR RENEGADE) (Noun)
Meaning- 1) a person whose beliefs have changed and who no longer belongs to a religious or political group.
Synonym- DEFECTOR, RECREANT
- An apostate from one political party, later became one of its harshest critics.
- Social renegades gave rise to revolution against government.
- These renegades have rebelled against and rejected heaven, so they must in turn be denied life.
- The honest man must be a perpetual renegade, the life of an honest man a perpetual infidelity. For the man who wishes to remain faithful must take himself perpetually unfaithful to all the continual, successive, indefatigable errors.
Meaning- 1) outcome or something usually bad or unpleasant that happens as a result of an action, statement etc.
Mnemonic trick- The word repercussion contains word cussion. Cussion sounds similar to discussion. When something happens, we have discussion regarding affects or repercussions of the event. Therefore, repercussion means outcome or something usually bad that happens as a result of an action, statement etc.
Synonym- IMPACT, RAMIFICATION, IMPLICATION, COROLLARY, AFTERMATH
- The collapse of the company will have repercussions for the whole industry.
- The decision of the Britain to come out of European union will have repercussion for the whole world.
- The new law had repercussions on French society.
- Your decision not to go for higher education will have repercussions on your future.
- There will be repercussions on much wider scale.
- Today, an action anywhere on Earth has an immediate repercussion on all five continents.
- The earthquake had adverse repercussions on the nation, it left people homeless and jobless.
REPROBATE (Verb, Adj. & Noun)
Meaning- To condemn strongly as unworthy.
Meaning- morally corrupt or rejected as worthless.
Meaning- A person who behaves in a morally wrong way.