CHICANERY (OR TRICKERY OR DECEPTION OR SUBTERFUGE)
Meaning- the use of tricks especially to hide, avoid or get something.
- The investigation revealed political chicanery and corruption at the highest levels.
- The bank president used an advanced form of chicanery to hide his illegal activities.
- Charlatan used an advanced form of chicanery to convert a propaganda into history.
- Paid journalist used a kind of chicanery, instead of showing a whole video, he showed clips of different videos on his Channel.
Meaning- highly unrealistic or existing only as a product of unchecked imagination
Mnemonic trick- chimerical contains word chimeri. Chimeri sounds similar to camera. Company has created a camera in which people can see their future. This type of camera is highly unrealistic or existing only as a product of unchecked imagination. Therefore, chimerical means something highly unrealistic or existing only as a product of unchecked imagination.
Synonym- IMAGINARY, QUIXOTIC
- That is a chimerical and wholly unfounded fear.
- Something chimerical is nothing but an absurd creation of imagination.
- You may insist that everybody hates you and avoids you, but I assure you that’ s a chimera of your diseased imagination.
- Lucy had a chimerical dream of becoming the prime minister of our country like Narendra Modi and to travel the world.
- There are too many politicians in the world who have the chimerical strategies of increasing global GDP growth rate.
Meaning- thinking carefully before doing or saying something.
Synonym- PRUDENT, CAUTIOUS
- The banks should have been more circumspect in their dealings.
- She has a reputation for being quiet and circumspect in investigating charges of child abuse.
- These people are circumspect in all their business dealing.
Meaning- person who claims the ability to see things not visible to those with normal sight. He often makes prophecies about the future.
Mnemonic Trick- CLAIR in word clairvoyant sounds similar to word clever. Normally a clever person is able to see beyond the range of ordinary perception and clever person earns money by claiming to be prophetic.
- Daniel had a clairvoyant ability to predict his sister’s future because he said that she would have three daughters and sure enough, she had three daughters.
- I can’ t claim to be clairvoyant. But I think that I am intuitive.
CLANDESTINE (OR SURREPTITIOUS OR FURTIVE OR STEALTHY) (Adj.)
Meaning- Describes something that is done secretly. It especially describes something that is not officially allowed
Mnemonic trick- Clande in word clandestine sounds like candle. We burn candle in dark to catch people doing work clandestinely. Therefore, clandestine means work done secretly.
Synonym- UNDERHANDED, COVERT
Antonym- OVERT, OPEN
- The group held a clandestine meeting in the church.
- He has taken part in the number of clandestine military operations.
- He has been having a clandestine affair with his secretary for three years.
1 ……………………………………………………………………………. 15 16 17 ……………………….. 30